Brandfolder is looking for a passionate and motivated Backend Engineer to grow our presence at the forefront of Digital Asset Management. You will inspire the most recognizable brands in the world, like National Geographic, Whole Foods, and Slack, by providing tools and strategic insights that increase their brand engagement. At our core, Brandfolder is customer focused, crafts simple and intuitive user experiences, and builds elegant and scalable solutions.
You have experience building apps in modern web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Django with a desire to dive deep into the core of our Rails app. You will work across the product team to architect, design, and build powerful features that fit within our user-friendly platform. We have an amazing list of clients that will be dependent on you to provide and maintain the product to store, share, and showcase all assets core to their brands.
Are you ready to push yourself to the next level? Do you want a role where your contributions directly contribute to the success of the company? Will you make a name for yourself at Brandfolder?
What you’ll do
- Join a collaborative team of some of the most savvy devs in Denver
- Contribute to best-in-class development patterns and practices as we grow
- Develop and own new features from the ground up
- Support and grow our existing features
- Lead by example with software design, testing, and security concerns
- Deploy production changes daily
- Constantly optimize and improve our experiences
- Become an integral contributor to the direction of the product and the team
- Build, monitor, and support high visibility production systems
What you’ll need
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Positive attitude and the adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- History of engineering scalable, performant, and secure API driven applications
- Advocate for deployment and development best practices
- Competence leveraging asynchronous message queues and worker frameworks
- Comfort with databases and persistent storage
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally and within product, design, development, and devops
- Strong knack for picking up new tools and technologies, continuously learning
- The drive to take initiative and own high-impact projects from day one
Bonus points for
- Microservices and containerized applications
- Cloud hosted applications and configuration management
- Ruby and Rails
- B2B/SaaS applications
- Work experience in a startup environment
- A growth mindset and passion for learning
- The ability to elevate those around you
- Iconic office location in RiNo, bike and light rail friendly
- Generous paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance, 100% paid by Brandfolder
- Free gym and pool access
- Monthly company events and happy hours
- Dog-friendly office
- Exposure to recognizable and powerful brands
Headquartered in Denver’s RiNo neighborhood, Brandfolder is the world’s most powerfully simple Digital Asset Management platform for storing, sharing, and showcasing your brand. Our clients include Under Armour, OpenTable, New Belgium, and Giant Bicycles.
Brandfolder is an equal opportunity employer; we are focused on creating an inclusive environment and believe that diversity of all types is essential to our success. We encourage all to apply, and will choose you on the basis of qualifications and merit.